Island Peak from a distance-
On the walk to the summit-
The congo-line of climbers on their way up the ice wall on a fixed rope to the summit-
Once up the ice wall, it was time to walk the summit ridge (to be honest, it looks far more scary that it actually was)-
Unfortunately I was far too out of it by the time I got to the summit to remember to take a 'summit photo'. Fortunately one of the guys in our group took this photo of me on the summit ridge just before I made it to the top-

The view at the top certainly made the hard work worth it-
Looking back down at others making their way back to camp-
Butter lamps in the Thangboche monestary we visited on the way home-
Check the load being carried by the porter on the bridge-
Party time; our end-of-trek cake!

Stay tuned - photos from Egypt, Jordan, Tanzania & Canada will follow (eventually)..
No comments:
Post a Comment