I have been having a great, but rather chilly, time here with plenty of 'firsts' - aside from the first white Xmas, first eggnog and first real turkey for Xmas dinner, I've also had my first Xmas stocking, first winter bonfire in the snow, first tube (pronounced 'tooooob') ride, first hockey game (ie ice hockey - what a great sport!), first Xmas with a 2 year old kid (what a crack-up!) and first sled (ie snowmobile) ride. Throw in being crash-tackled by my brother into knee-deep snow & it's been quite an adventure. The tubing, snowmobile ride, bonfire & crash tackle were all done in temps between minus 25 and minus 30. Not the best idea for someone who has been fighting a head cold all week but once these "crazy Canadians" (as I have been calling them) get an idea into their heads, well there is just no stopping them! Of course now my head cold deteriorated yesterday into a bad cough but hey, I've had fun ;-)
One more week & I'll be back home in Sydney, at least temporarily. I really struggle to believe that it's been almost 3 months since I was home.
2008 has been an amazing adventure for me. I have met some incredible people and have seen so many things, both good and bad. From Argentina to the Cook Islands and everything in between, 2009 promises to be full of adventure too. I am not one to make new years resolutions. But I do wish that I never forget what I have seen over the last 3 months and always truly appreciate all the opportunities I have and all the gifts which fill my life.
Happy New Year !!!
4 comments:
Dearest Jen
I think it is about time I leave a comment for you. I keep getting updates from Cherrie about your trip and then she told me about your blog 3 weeks ago. I have to admit, I've never looked at anybody's blog before or facebook for that matter, computers at work is enough for me.
You've had such an amazing trip, what wonderful memories you will have and no doubt lots of photos. Your Christmas in Canada with family and the lovely cold weather will be one never to forget as well as the trip with obstacles to get to Canada.
I must say that you write really well, so easy to read and I always think that I'm there with you. No doubt your week in Sydney soon will be a full one so I do look forward to catching up with you when you return in I think Feb or March.
All is well here, quite warm at the moment, always 30 degrees and more, but ABOVE zero, not below.
I keep praying for your safety.
Take care. God bless you richly. Lots of love, Petra
My friend is Jacqui. Her friend at WWoT is Millie Herzberg.
I met Millie recently at Canberra HIM where she borrowed my wet suit for the race.
Cheri
Hey Jen,
Hope you had a Merry Xmas and a great New Year. Sounds like you did. Xmas in Summer just isn't right - much better in the north and even better when there is snow!
I have been reading your blog and am amazed. It often catches me when I have about 2000 E-mails in my in box and a 1000 hings to do. Your stories are so far from my day to day life it is ridiculous.
I have actually thought a bit about you this week, as I feel about Bogong to Hotham (which is next week), like you probably felt like before sixfoot. You planned well and executed well (some may say against the odds) and got there. Now I just have to do the same :-)
Hope to see you soon.
Cheers!
merry xmas and happy new year jen.
Post a Comment