Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oh Canada, Oh Canada...

Resuming transmission after a short intermission ;-)

Finally, some photos from my time in Canada. I wrote lots about my trip in earlier posts so I won't rehash it now.

I would love to take credit for this beautiful photo but I didn't take it. Its taken in the backyard of my brother's place overlooking the river-


Proof. Check the windchill factor-


My 'baby' (ie younger) brother & I-


How did you spend your Christmas Eve? Me, first it was a visit to church followed by some time in a snow-mobile suit. And yes, some crazy Canak put me up to it!


It was a trip full of lots of 'firsts'. Like my first ice hockey match (where it was actually colder inside the stadium than it was outside!)-


My first 'tubing' experiencing-


My first snowmobile ride-


My first Northern American snow angel-


And yes, it was as cold as it looks (about -30 from recollection!)


This photo was taken moments before I was about to be crash tackled & dumped into the snow by my brother-


Chatting to my brother while enjoying the bonfire. I couldn't quite work out why anyone would voluntarily go outside at night in the middle of winter but hey, when in Canada....


I don't know why I was surprised when I saw this; where else do you get fuel for the snowmobile from?

How did you spend New Years Eve? Mine involved red wine, good food & watching Canada smash the US in the semi-final of the (ice) hockey World Youth Champs. Go Canada!


Oh and watching the snow fall as the clock ticked over midnight..


Only in Canada. We headed out for a ride in a horse-drawn carriage on January 2. It was even colder than it looked - again mid -30s from recollection...


Luckily the beautiful scenery helped to take my mind off the cold-

I had such a fantastic time in Canada - thanks guys! I really love the country & the people; can't wait to get back there again. One day.
Well that's about it for now. My Aconcagua photos are already up in earlier posts. I will keep this blog active though. There will be some photos from a certain event in a few months time that some might be interested in... ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your 'special family time' with us, Jen. I have still to make it to Canada - one day!!!

Hope all your wedding plans are progressing as scheduled.


love Catherine