So the day after my Kili climb (which day was again full of unpacking, washing, sleeping & repacking), I headed off on my 3 day safari. You can read my post about my safari here.
Unfortunately I was having major camera problems during the safari (the camera problems actually started while I was on Kili) so I have very few photos to share but fortunately lots of wonderful memories.
My first stop was the Tanganerie National Park-
These were some of the first elephants I saw in the wild:
I had been told that I would need to be very lucky in order to see a leopard. They are solitary animals who live in trees and are very hard to spot. Luckily for me it was breeding season, the only time that you have the chance to see 2 leopards together-
Late afternoon storm over the plains-
Our next stop on the following day was the incredible Ngorongoro crater-
Day 3 we headed off to the Lake Manyara National Park.
Unfortunately my photos of the flocks of flamingos didn't turn out well. But I still saw lots of elephants...
and hippos.....
and giraffes....
Despite appearances, these 2 are not cuddling but frisky young men fighting over a girl. Typical ;-)
Here are a few other photos to finish up my account of my visit to Tanzania. Obama's father wasn't from Tanzania (he was from Kenya which is just north of Tanzania) but he may as well have been giving the amount of Obama paraphernalia I saw-
Tanzania is the land of bananas. After the world's smallest bananas that I ate while climbing Kili, I also tried these red bananas - a very creamy taste. Yummo!
This is a terrible photo I know but it is the only one I managed to get of magnificent Mt Meru rising high above my 'hometown' of Arusha-
And one final photo that I took the morning I flew out of the pool at my hotel at Dar es Salaam. Love the lack of security fencing!
From heat & dust to snow & ice - next up, Canada!
No comments:
Post a Comment